Today we are announcing that we are looking for the next generation of young First Aiders, doers, thinkers and leaders from the greater Limerick City and County community. Have you got what it takes to become the next generation of heroes?
Practical First Aid
Our primary aim in your first year with us is that you will learn the basics of Practical First Aid. In a modern learning environment you will be taught the theory of these first aid emergencies before being shown practical and hands-on treatment of various medical conditions and injuries. These vary in severity from small bumps and cuts to the most serious life-threatening conditions. The final result we strive to achieve is a confident and certified young First Aider with the ability to help those in need during an emergency without risking injury to him or herself.
The initial first aid training with us starts in September and ends in May. Attendance throughout this period is required to achieve certification.
Irish Red Cross Youth
Once you have completed the Practical First Aid Course you will be open to various opportunities within the vast network across the Irish Red Cross, Irish Red Cross Youth and International Red Cross and Red Crescent societies. You will start as a Cadet and progress through the organisation gaining experience, confidence and new friends as you go.
The initial cost of the Practical First Aid Course is €70.
Locations & Class Times
This year we are based at the 3 locations / 4 units seen above:
- Caherdavin Scout Hall, Fridays 6–7pm (V94 TC2R) [14 to 16 years old (inclusive) only]
- Irish Red Cross, Limerick City Base – Unit 3, Ashbourne Business Park, Dock Road, Fridays 7–8pm (V94 XE81) [14 to 16 years old (inclusive) only]
- Irish Red Cross, Limerick City Base – Unit 3, Ashbourne Business Park, Dock Road, Fridays 7–8.30pm (V94 XE81) [17 and 18 years old only]
- An in person information night is being held for this Unit specifically on Friday the 22nd of September from 7-8pm at our premises on the Dock Road (V94 XE81). You do not need to register to attend the information night as it is an opportunity to learn more about the course and the Irish Red Cross before you commit to registering online. Attendance at the information night is not mandatory.
- St. Paul’s Community Centre, Dooradoyle, Fridays 6:30–7:30pm (V94 R20T) [14 to 16 years old (inclusive) only]
Registration for these four Units takes place online this year, please see ‘Course Schedule’ in the menu or click here. Registration extended to Thursday 5th October at midnight.
Places are strictly limited to 18 students per Unit.
For more information and queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Limerick Area Office, Unit 3 Ashbourne Business Park, Dock Road, Limerick between 9am and 1pm on 087 8 400 400