Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on the LimerickRedCross.org website and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services (e.g. Paypal for donations).
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish.
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address and any other details you enter in the form.
We will also collect and store information about your use of our services so as to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features are being used at any time.
We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or information on a service). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services (e.g. we use MailChimp to send our newsletter and we use Paypal to process our payments).
We use payment providers to bill for our products online. These companies will have access to your personal and payment information. When paying by credit card, Irish Red Cross Limerick Area does not ever have any access to your credit card details.
The third parties we use are PayPal (to process credit cards and accept payment via PayPal).
We share information with these companies only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for payment pages (via Paypal)
- All access to information restricted by password
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed by our administrators
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody here will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this policy
Terms and Conditions
1) Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2) We reserve the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In addition you must:
3.1) use the site for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
3.2) notify and seek our approval to any intended links to the website prior to making such links.
3.3) not copy, store in a retrieval system or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the website to any third party without our written permission
4) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Irish Red Cross and/or the worldwide Red Cross Movement are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will we be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence except in the case of personal injury or death caused by us.
5) We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6) Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from us. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by us to use any item displayed.
The Red Cross and Red Crescent emblems are protected symbols under international and national laws. Use of these emblems by an unauthorised person is strictly forbidden.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
Unless otherwise stated all images are copyright Irish Red Cross.
7) The website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than us. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
8) Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website.
9) We reserve the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply and goods or services to any individual.
10) Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where on-line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting information by means of e-mail or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or in part be borne by us or our agents.
11) We shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to you for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party due to any clause beyond our reasonable control.